1) The Rock n Roll Portland 1/2 marathon kick off party was last night. I met Tiffany and Jaime at Fit Right NW running store for the big unveiling of the 2013 medal and t-shirt. We also did a 3 mile “fun” run. IN THE RAIN.
There was no rain forecasted yesterday. It was pretty gorgeous all day and as soon as everyone got out of work. BAM. RAIN. LOTS OF IT!
The course has been changed this year. Not hugely but a few of the hillier miles have been changed to flat. They had some traffic/public transit problems last year so they changed it to accommodate the runners and the drivers. I liked the course last year but the new course will give us more time to warm up on the flat miles before we hit the hills. YEAH!
They had a raffle and food for us when we got back from our “fun” run. They gave away water bottles, socks, shirts, a few pairs of shoes, a couple of race entries…but they also gave away $10 gift cards to the Fit Right. Guess who scored one of those babies? ME!! SO EXCITED!! There was an Irish I Was Faster shirt that I was eyeing.
2) I unfortunately was not successful in finding a date last night. I will be working on that all weekend long. In between biking and running miles + baking goods for a Portlandia party that I will be attending + sleeping because I have stayed up late every night this week! WOW it is gonna be a tough weekend!
3) I put it an application to be a Nuun Ambassador. I love Nuun products. Nuun has been keeping me hydrated since 2009!! Have you heard the news? They are making a cherry limeade flavor. HELLO!!
4) I had an awesome run with Ilana this morning. We have not run together since we did track work outs leading into IMCDA ’10!
As you can see we hit the road early this morning! Ilana is in med school and all of her exercise is done before the sun comes out. Or in our case when the clouds come out!
5) I was at Trader Joes today picking up supplies for the treats I will be making and sharing tomorrow. I came across these:
Anyone had either of these? I am stoked to try these. I need them like I need a hole in the head but I might keep them for a rainy day. I guess that means I will be able to eat them soon!
Are you doing a Rock N Roll event this year? Which one?
I am doing the inaugural San Fransisco and Portland.
Do you use Nuun products? What is your favorite flavor?
Absolutely! Fruit punch for the time being